Sunday, March 9, 2008

Day Light Savings Weekend

So, Hi! I think my sister(younger) is the only one who reads my blogs so far...(lol) Although that's OK, because I'm not so proficient about my righting style yet. : )

So I have run into some interesting quotes on my igoogle account. I chose to recieve daily quotes from Benjamin Franklin, Einstein, and a daily literary quote(these would be by random authors, both modern and historic).

Today I wanted to comment on the quote that Einstein privided, it goes as such:

"If I give you a pfennig, you will be one pfennig richer and I'll be one pfennig poorer. But if I give you an idea, you will have a new idea, but I shall still have it, too. "

Isn't that great?! I love that concept, it also goes for things such as Love, and Faith and all those good things of the heart (and mind). I am releaved and made glad by that statement, and I belive that what Einstein said was true, whole-heartedly!

What do you think?

5 comments:

Benedict Girl said...

I like that idea, (get it, i "I like the idea"? huh? huh? well, anyway, it reminded me of the book "The Giver" how Giver gave the memories to the boy in the story? I can't remember who the author was but it was a really good one. It touched on the serious subjects like Abortion and Euthinasia. Hey Liz, wouldn't that be a great book to read in Lit class? (hint hint) write more soon Cath.

Bridge

Read Moonstone said...

I thought we were gonna do the Chesterton thingy? (hint hint liz! : ) )

Benedict Girl said...

oh yeah!!! lol, maybe some other time then. Liz, I hope your getting these hints here! lol

Bridge

Liz said...

We are still going to read that Chesterton thingy (Known as The Ballad of the White Horse). We just have a Wangerin thingy and a Lewis thingy to read first. But you could read The Giver as a book report book. It's not one I'm familiar with, however. You don't mean The Giving Tree do you? I've never read that, but I've heard of it (I think Shel Silverstein may have written that one).

Read Moonstone said...

No we didn't mean the Giving Tree (which is by Shel Silvertein by the way). The Giver is a story that takes place in [China] i think... It's this wierd plott where everyone is colorblind and they all use birth contrtol, euthinasia, and aborion. It's about this one boy who breaks through and sees the wrongs of his society. This is poosible because he is shown the "memories" (in color and of good things) by "The Giver" (so the boy is called "the reciever"). I can't remember the name of the Author though...